Additional Webinar Information
For general help with using the Zoom software, visit the Zoom Support Center.
Join the Meeting from a Desktop Computer
You are not required to download Zoom to join the meeting from a desktop computer.
To join from your browser:
- Click the link in the email you received after registering or visit the ‘Get Involved’ page after 5:00pm on October 13 or October 27 and click the link there.
- You will see a pop-up window asking you to open the Zoom web application. Click “Open Zoom”, “Open Link”, or “Allow” to continue.
- When prompted, please enter your name and email address.
- For additional support, visit Zoom’s help page for joining from a web browser.
To join the meeting from the Zoom Desktop App
- Open the Zoom desktop app
- On the “Home” screen, click “Join a Meeting” or (if you are signed in) “Join”
- Enter the Meeting ID and your name.
- Click “Join”
Join the Meeting from a Mobile Device
To access the meeting from a smartphone or tablet, you will be required to download the Zoom mobile app.
To join, on your mobile device:
- Click the link in the email you received after registering or visit this page after 5:00 pm on October 13 or October 27 and click the link there.
- If you do not have Zoom installed on your device, you will be prompted to download and install the application when you click on the join link.
- You will then be automatically redirected to your device’s app store to complete the download and join the meeting.
Join the Meeting via Telephone
If you don’t have reliable internet or speakers/microphone on your computer, you may also call in to the meeting. Note, if solely using this method, you will be unable to see the presentation or speakers, or submit questions/comments in writing, but you can still give oral comment.
To join via dial-in phone number:
- Dial the phone number in the email you received after registering or visit the ‘Get Involved’ page after 5:00 pm on October 13 or October 27 and dial the number found there.
- When prompted, enter the 10-digit Meeting ID.
- Your video will be turned off and you will be muted for the duration of the meeting.
- To alert the moderator that you would like to comment or ask a question, click the “Raise Hand” button (if joined from a computer or mobile device) or click *9 if joined via dial-in phone number.
- The moderator will call on you and allow you to unmute yourself when it is your turn to speak.
- When prompted, confirm you would like to unmute yourself and speak. Note: Call-in speakers will be automatically unmuted as soon as the moderator allows you to do so.
Ground Rules for Questions/Comments
- Please ask one question at a time.
- Please be respectful. Threatening, profane, or other inappropriate language will not be permitted. Disruptive participants will be removed.
For Language Interpretation
If you require live translation into a language other than English, please notify us by calling the program hotline at 1-866-943-5852 or emailing info@CaliforniaWDM.org no later than 5:30 pm on October 10 for the October 13 meeting or 5:30 pm on October 24 for the October 27 meeting.